Electro Mechanical Field Service Technician
Job SummaryThe Electro Mechanical Field Service Technician supports the Optima Divisions in an enhanced service role pertinent to the operations of that division.
A readiness to travel of 70 - 80% is expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform service and maintenance of OPTIMA equipment sold in the United States
- Travel to customer sites to install, maintain, inspect and repair OPTIMA equipment
- Install, maintain, repair both mechanical and electrical systems and components on OPTIMA machinery following blueprints, electrical codes, schematics, and manuals, both at customer sites and in-house
- Install wiring and conduit and connects power supply to machine
- Assist with in-house assembly and related activities
- Follow instructions and duties as requested by supervisor
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Eligibility to obtain a Passport
- A successful candidate for the Field Service Technician position will need to be sharp in a technical capacity. A portion of the job deals with customer service which entails communication proficiency, both verbal and written form. Although the position requires a person who is independent with good time management/project management skills, it also requires the ability to work in a team for some projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- The travel requirements for this position are approximately 75%
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year technical school in the Electro-Mechanical field. PLC troubleshooting knowledge a plus.
- SAP experience ideal
This job operates in a production environment at a customer site. Adhering to the safety measures of the customer's plant and working both independently and in a team effort.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfuly perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely an active technical role whereby there may be times where the employees will be required to lift up to 70lbs.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. The expectation is that the employee is available when service is required and is also available for continued training. The employee needs to remain flexible to be available when the customer needs demand a specialist for support.
The travel requirements for this position are approximately 70-80%
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year technical school in the electro mechancial field or related degree. Exposure to courses in programming/PLC Logic or more than 5 years hands on experience with Optima nonwoven equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with industrial machines
- SAP experience ideal
BenefitsOptima Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health/dental/life/disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing, flexible hours and much more! We provide a casual business environment and promotes the growth of its employees.
Application documentsSend them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: