Controls and Automation Technician
Job SummaryThe Controls & Automation Technician position supports the Optima Divisions in an enhanced service role pertinent to the operations of that division.
A readiness to travel of 70 - 80% is expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
- All aspects of control system installation, from control panel assembly, field wiring, machine installations, machine troubleshooting, and general electrical services.
- Installing packaging machines and making the process adjustments both mechanically and electrically for efficient operation.
- Servicing existing machines at customer’s facilities. Implementing upgrades and improving running efficiency.
- Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and solve issues and problems to the satisfaction of the company and client.
- Ability to utilize a laptop to troubleshoot machinery controls systems
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Decision making ability
- Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
- Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
- Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to identify and improve machine programs.
- Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes. Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors, proximity switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O.
- Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (Control Logix and Compact Logix) and HMI experience a plus.
This job operates in a production environment at a customer site. Adhering to the safety measures of the customer's plant and working both independently and in a team effort.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfuly perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely an active technical role whereby there may be times where the employees will be required to lift up to 70lbs.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. The expectation is that the employee is available when service is required and is also available for continued training. The employee needs to remain flexible to be available when the customer needs demand a specialist for support.
The travel requirements for this position are approximately 70-80%
Required Education and Experience
- An Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year technical school in the electro mechancial field or related degree. Exposure to courses in programming/PLC Logic or more than 5 years hands on experience with Optima nonwoven equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with industrial machines
- SAP experience ideal
BenefitsOptima Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health/dental/life/disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing, flexible hours and much more! We provide a casual business environment and promotes the growth of its employees.
Application documentsSend them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: