Business Development Specialist - Consumer Division
Job SummaryOptima is an international organization based in Germany with operations in the United States. We are in need of a Junior Sales candidate for our Business Development Specialist role, to be located in the Green Bay, WI office.
The Business Development Specialist is a Junior Sales Member and is responsible for working closely with the sales team as a resource to identify and develop new business opportunities and potential new customers. The Business Development Specialist will lead the effort to study and review new business market opportunities that support Optima’s overall growth strategy. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a proven record of mechanical aptitude, who takes a hands-on approach to defining business opportunities. As a junior sales member in this position, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing individuals within the Optima Consumer department. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales, Consumer, of Optima Machinery Corporation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new business opportunities within existing customer base and develop potential new customers, which includes targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Identifying market needs and trends in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry with a focus on food, beverages, chemicals, and consumer pharmaceuticals.
- Develop and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Optima’s product solutions.
- Collaborate with the sales team and other support teams within the Optima organization to ensure successful implementations of sales, marketing, and product strategies.
- Attend conferences, professional association meetings and relevant trade shows (both domestic and international), to promote Optima’s product solutions and brand.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the management team on regular basis.
- Able to identify key decision makers at customers, understand the buying process and develop appropriate account strategies
- Position requires up to 50% travel (both domestic & international)
Qualifications and Skills
- Displayed mechanical aptitude with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a business or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Valid passport and driving license
- German language knowledge desired not required.
- Job location in our office in Green Bay, WI
BenefitsOptima Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health/dental/life/disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing, flexible hours and much more! We provide a casual business environment and promotes the growth of its employees.
Application documentsSend them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: