Business Development Specialist - Consumer Division
Job SummaryThe Business Development Specialist is responsible for working closely with the sales team as a resource to identify and develop new business opportunities and potential new customers. The Business Development Manager will lead the effort to study and review new business market opportunities that support Optima’s overall growth strategy. We are seeking someone early in their sales career with an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales who takes a hands-on approach to defining business opportunities. In this key position, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing individuals within the Optima Consumer department. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales of Optima Machinery Corporation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new business opportunities within existing customer base and develop potential new customers at all stages of the sales cycle including targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions.
- Identifying market needs and trends in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry with a focus on food, beverages, chemicals, and consumer pharmaceuticals.
- Develop and execute strategic business analysis plans.
- Work effectively with internal Optima team members to develop long-term strategic plans.
- Develop and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Optima’s product solutions.
- Collaborate with the sales team and other support teams within the Optima organization to ensure successful implementations of sales, marketing, and product strategies.
- Attend conferences, professional association meetings and relevant trade shows (both domestic and international), to promote Optima’s product solutions and brand.
- Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the management team on regular basis.
- Understand and map out key decision makers and the buying process
- Deliver technical presentations to customers at all levels
Qualifications and Skills
- Position requires up to 50% travel (both domestic & international)
- 3-4 years of work experience in sales/business development
- 3-4 years of work experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
- Degree in sales/business development or related field
BenefitsOptima Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health/dental/life/disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing, flexible hours and much more! We provide a casual business environment and promotes the growth of its employees.
Application documentsSend them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: