Automation Controls Engineer
With locations and customers all over the world, Optima Machinery Corporation designs and builds packaging and filling machines including complete production lines for pharmaceutical, consumer, nonwovens and life science products. Our machines specialize in a variety of products and processes including, syringes, vials, freeze drying, toilet paper, wet wipes, chemicals, cosmetics, coffee, snack foods, transdermal patches, oral filmstrips, and more. Odds are that you have encountered many products packaged on an Optima machine.
The success of our business lies solely on the dedication, attitude and hardworking characteristics of our employees. We work hard to make sure our employees have a good work-life balance and plenty of opportunities to grow within our organization. Our employees travel all over the US, and abroad, to work with a variety of customers on a diverse range of packaging machines, with the latest technologies.
The Automation Controls Engineer position responsibilities are to service and start-up packaging machines for the Consumer industry and collaborate with headquarters on upgrades and rebuilds for current equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide onsite automation support for Optima Consumer machines and act as a local automation resource for Optima Consumer equipment.
- Edit existing machine codes (Rockwell ControlLogix)
- Adjust and test software parameters
- Perform self-reliant and structured problem analysis on complex production machines and find out how they are connected to the machine programming, then develop and implement solutions for the issues found.
- Document in detail the problem solving process and archive updated machine software
- Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and explain machine situations, code, and software processes to colleagues & customers
- Work closely with Automation team in a German location to ensure prompt support for our customers while making sure documentation and change processes are followed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Decision making ability
- Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
- Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
- Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to identify and improve machine programs.
- Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes. Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors, proximity switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O
- Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (ControlLogix and CompactLogix) and HMI experience is a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. The expectation is that the employee is available when service is required and is also available for continued training. The employee needs to remain flexible to be available when the customer needs demand a specialist for support.
Travel is expected for this position (50%)
- Paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Send them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: