Automation Controls Engineer
Job SummaryThe Automation Controls Engineer position responsibilities are to service and start-up packaging machines for the Pharmaceutical industry and collaborate with headquarters on upgrades and rebuilds for current equipment.
- Provide onsite automation support for Optima Pharma machines and act as a local automation resource for Optima Pharma equipment.
- Edit existing machine codes (Rockwell ControlLogix)
- Adjust and test software parameters
- Perform self-reliant and structured problem analysis on complex production machines and find out how they are connected to the machine programming, then develop and implement solutions for the issues found.
- Document in detail the problem solving process and archive updated machine software
- Interface with clients as well as subcontractors and explain machine situations, code, and software processes to colleagues & customers
- Work closely with Automation team in a German location to ensure prompt support for our customers while making sure documentation and change processes are followed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Decision making ability
- Ability to deal with experienced, multidisciplinary, technical specialists
- Ability to coordinate small to large projects independently
- Ability to download PLC, HMI, and drive programs. Ability to work with controls engineers to identify and improve machine programs.
- Significant electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes. Comfortable reading and following IEC electrical diagrams.
- Thorough working knowledge of industrial controls devices including photo-electric sensors, proximity switches, solenoid valves, frequency and servo drives, and PLC I/O
- Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC (ControlLogix and CompactLogix) and HMI experience is a plus
This job operates in a production environment at a customer site. Adhering to the safety measures of the customer's plant and working both independently and in a team effort.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfuly perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely an active technical role whereby there may be times where the employees will be required to lift up to 70lbs.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. The expectation is that the employee is available when service is required and is also available for continued training. The employee needs to remain flexible to be available when the customer needs demand a specialist for support.
The travel requirements for this position are approximately 30-50%
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment
- Expert knowledge of Allen-Bradley software platforms
- BX in Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in PLC programming, commissioning of new equipment with motion control, as well as remote and field support
- Experience in working with electrical control diagrams
- Knowledge of additional PLC / AC Drives / HMI / Servo / Motion Control is strongly recommended
- SAP experience ideal
BenefitsOptima Machinery Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits such as health/dental/life/disability insurance, 401k match and profit sharing, flexible hours and much more! We provide a casual business environment and promotes the growth of its employees.
Application documentsSend them via US Postal Service to:
Attention Human Resource Dept.
Optima Machinery Corporation
1330 Contract Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Please also fill in the form and enclose it with your application documents: